It's time to joust! The knights are having a tournament. This Power Point starts out reviewing how to estimate on a number line. It moves to the "steps" of estimating. There are printable notes for your students' math journals. Finally, your students will practicing estimating than multiplying in the form of a game!
How to play:
1. Read over the word problem.
2. Estimate the factors. (Remember! Factors are the two numbers being multiplied.)
3. Multiply the estimated factors.
4. Slap the knight that has the closest to the correct answer. Your teacher won’t reveal the answer until both players have answered.
5. If you are the quickest in the joust, you earn a point for your team. If you tie, you both earn a point.
6. Be sure to follow the Code of Chivalry!
Slides 1-19: Estimating Mini Lesson
Slides 20-37 Knight Joust Game
Slides 38-43 Printable Knights and Notes for Math Journal
(Need a mini lesson on multiplying by powers of 10? Check out my mini unit here. It is Super Hero themed! ;) )
****Please Note, this Powerpoint has movement and animation! :) It will open as a "Read Only" in Powerpoint in order to protect the clip art. Inside the compressed folder will be all your printables. If you have any questions, or need something modified, don't hesitate to ask! :) ***