This is part of our Corner Bookmark Worksheet Series.
Learn how to make a classic Origami Bookmark Corner and then how to quickly and easily transform it into a cute paper Koala bookmark. Introducing basic origami skills, whilst making a practical craft and encouraging reading with these handmade bookmarks.
These bookmarks are great for an Australian Study Units, Zoo Animal Study units or animal related fundraising activities. They are simple to make and fun to give.
3 PAGE PRINTABLE INCLUDES
* 1 Lesson plan overview
* 1 basic origami bookmark worksheet
* 1 converting your bookmark into a koala worksheet
PLEASE NOTE: these are WORKSHEETS with instructions. There are NO TEMPLATES included. The worksheets are designed to upskill students to learn how to transform a regular corner bookmark into something new. Once they get the hang of this activity, they can go on to invent their own designs.
* Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
* Reading skills & following instructions
* Looking at symmetry & shapes
* Square paper (8x8 inch) in desired base color - mid gery is good
* Scraps of paper in contrasting colors
* Black pen
* Glue stick