Kobe Bryant Reading Passage
Hello and thank you so much for downloading my product. I hope you enjoy my very first TpT resource!! When Kobe Bryant died unexpectedly, I had some devastated students. I wanted to create something for them to celebrate Kobe’s life as well as to be able to express themselves in writing. Please check back for updates!
- Choose from 2 Lexile levels: 810L—1000L or 1010L-1200L. General guideline if needed: 810L-1000L for 4th- 5th grade, 1010L-1200L for 5th- 6th grade.
- Choose from 2 different passage layouts: a 1 page paper saver passage created with 11 pt font or 2 page passages created with 16+ pt font.
- Read aloud while students follow along or have students read independently.
- 10 comprehension questions including “right there” questions, inference questions, and questions where you can require students to cite text evidence.
- Highlight unknown words and use the vocabulary graphic organizer to discover the word meanings.
- Choose a writing option that works for your students: free writing, narratives, opinion, persuasive, and informative. Just print the page(s) you need!
- Research questions to incorporate technology. Students can use the questions included or create their own. I typically require a minimum of 3 questions to guide their research, but this resource leaves it up to you!
- Use information from the text, research questions, and other texts to create a final project such as: a google slide presentation, poster, brochure, timeline, flag, poem, or rap. The possibilities are endless!