Also included in
- Do you need FUN activities to build your K-5 students music literacy and performance skills? This Mega Bundle of Kodály Style Music Literacy Activities is perfect. Activities include reading ICONIC and STANDARD notation, games, playing Orff accompaniments, reading solfege and treble clef notes, and$85.00$135.25Save $50.25
Do you need a fun BUNDLE of Kodály music reading songs and activities to teach and practice So Mi? This sequence of NO-PREP music reading lessons makes the concepts of So-Mi easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand. PRINTABLE and DIGITAL online activities are included to reinforce and check comprehension.
- Introducing So-Mi Aurally
- Meet the Music Staff
- Introducing So-Mi on the Staff
- The Cuckoo Clock | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
- Star Light, Star Bright | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
- Rain, Rain Go Away | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
- Projectable lesson - PowerPoint version
- Simple directions for uploading as Google Slides version
- Interactive drag and drop online Easel Activities
- Two printable worksheets
After completing the group lessons, follow up with optional Easel Activities to reinforce and check comprehension. Use activities as. . . . .
- Centers or stations
- Whole class activity
- 1:1 individual student activity
- Practice or Assessment
Lessons lead students through a logical, concise step-by-step introduction to Aural So-Mi, through reading So-Mi on the staff, to reading and singing So-Mi songs in multiple keys.
- Rhythm: Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes
- Pitch: So, Mi
- Movable Do: Each song is notated in 3 different keys.
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Simple observational assessment options with rubrics
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Built-in review of music elements
- Teaches solfege hand signs
- Rhythmic and melodic ICONIC notation leads to STANDARD notation
- Large easy-to-read notation
- Games to reinforce music concepts
- Printable “Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
- A "Steps for Reading Music" slide that may be printed as a classroom poster
- Blank editable slide template which may be used for customization of lesson if desired
This bundle includes activities and games to reinforce the concepts learned. Learning through play is important for young children and these activities and games are sure to become favorites.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these activities - Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
Lessons present information “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention. Built-in student response is designed to engage all students. Activities are designed sequentially making concepts easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Mary F. - Fantastic resources. My class loved the lessons and were sight reading So Mi examples with ease in a very short time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amy B. - Great Resource - Very helpful in getting my youngest students ear training, reading music, and using instruments!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Lindsy L - I really enjoyed this resource! It really helped me so much while I was planning lessons during school. Thank you!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Diane J. - This is a great beginner for my students. Love the layout.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Save over 35% when you invest in ALL 41 sequential music reading activities as a part of this. . . . .
Thank you for visiting our store. Be sure to let me know if have any questions.
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!