Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Do you need a fun BUNDLE of Kodály Music Reading Songs and Activities to teach and practice So Mi? This sequence of NO-PREP Music Reading Lessons makes the concepts of So-Mi easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand. PRINTABLE and DIGITAL online activities are included to reinforce and check comprehension.
Guided music reading lessons lead students through a logical, concise step-by-step introduction to Aural So-Mi, through reading So-Mi on the staff, to reading and singing So-Mi songs.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at these beneficial resources.
- Introducing So-Mi Aurally
- Meet the Music Staff
- Introducing So-Mi on the Staff
- The Cuckoo Clock | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
- Star Light, Star Bright | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
- Rain, Rain Go Away | So-Mi Song to Read & Sing
**Includes directions for use with Google Slides.
- Rhythm: Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes
- Pitch: So, Mi
- Movable Do: Each song is notated in 3 different keys.
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Simple, doable, observational assessment options with rubrics
- Large easy-to-read pages
- Student Learning Outcomes for each lesson
- Learning Targets written in clear, concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Rhythmic and melodic iconic reading for young musicians
- Games to reinforce music concepts
- Guided music reading leads students from icons to standard notation
- “Songs to Read & Sing” each written in three different keys
- Built-in review of music elements
- Teaches solfege and hand signs
- Blank editable slide with border which may be used for customization of lesson if desired
- A poster slide which may be printed and displayed in classroom
- Printable “Take It Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
Some lessons include a game or movement activity to reinforce So Mi. Learning through play is important for young children.
“Take it Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators and parents see growing music literacy levels.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for more NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't miss the helpful resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.