Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Do you need a fun set of Kodály Music Reading Songs with games, ICONIC reading, and STANDARD notation? This So La Mi Activities BUNDLE is the perfect solution. It includes 6 guided music literacy lessons with step-by-step instruction for music reading on the staff. PRINTABLE and DIGITAL online activities are included to reinforce concepts and check comprehension.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this beneficial resource.
- Lesson 1: Introducing La - Bounce High
- Lesson 2: Lucy Locket
- Lesson 3: Snail, Snail (Complete Edition)
- Lesson 4: Little Tommy Tucker
- Lesson 5: Bell Horses
- Lesson 6: Icka Backa
- Rhythm: Quarter notes, eighth notes, quarter rest
- Pitches: So, La, Mi
- Movable Do: Each song is notated in 3-5 different keys
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Learning Targets written in clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- A simple, doable, observational assessment option with rubric
- Teacher Tips for using these lessons and teaching music reading concepts
- Step-by-step guided instruction
- Rhythm review
- Pitch Review
- Iconic notation for young musicians
- Hand signs
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Fun game to reinforce learning
- Printable "Three Steps to Reading Music" poster
- Interactive online Easel activities
- “Take it Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
- Also included are ink saving versions of the two “Take it Home” pages
- Blank, editable slides with matching border for customization of lessons if desired
Lessons include games to reinforce concepts learned. Learning through play is important for young children. These fun games will become favorites for teachers and students.
“Take it Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators and parents see growing music literacy levels.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for more NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't miss the helpful resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions