Products in this Bundle (5)
Are you looking for Kodály music reading songs to teach and practice Do Re Mi? This song BUNDLE with Orff accompaniments provides the perfect performance activities engaging your students in fun games, singing, reading ICONIC and STANDARD notation, solfege, and treble clef note names. Differentiation options provide structured success for varied abilities and multiple grade levels.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at these beneficial resources.
- Hot Cross Buns | Kodály Music Reading Song with Orff Ostinato
- Hop Old Squirrel | Kodály Music Reading Song with Orff Ostinato
- Closet Key | Kodály Music Reading Song with Orff Accompaniments
- Grandma Grunts | Kodály Music Reading Song with Orff Accompaniments
- Sailor, Sailor | | Kodály Music Reading Song with Orff Accompaniments
- Rhythm: quarter note, eighth note, quarter rest, half note, 6/8 meter, single eighth note, dotted quarter note,
- Pitches: Do, Re, Mi
- Recorder Pitches: B, A, G
- Interactive Table of Contents for easy navigation of lesson
- Specific Student Learning Outcomes for each lesson
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- A simple, doable, observational assessment options with rubric
- Rhythmic and melodic iconic notation for each lesson
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Step-by-step guided instruction reading Do, Re, Mi on the staff while integrating solfege signs
- Built-in student response throughout lessons
- Built-In Review
- “Take it Home" vocal pages which may also be used as assessments
- "Take it Home" recorder pages to perform at home
- Ink-saving versions of the “Take it Home” pages
- An editable slide with border for customization of lesson if desired
- Teacher tips for using these lessons and teaching music reading concepts
- Poster which may be printed to display in classroom
Recorder music is notated with all note name prompts, with changing note name prompts, and without prompts to provide for various levels of differentiation.
“Take it Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators and parents see growing music literacy levels.
This bundle includes several fun simple games to reinforce concepts learned. Learning through play is important for young children.
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key. Each song is notated in 3-4 different keys.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
Note: In order for each lesson to stand alone, each lesson in this bundle includes the rhythm review, introduction to Do, Re, Mi on the staff and hand signs. That is why the bundle is such a big discount.
If you are looking for more NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't miss the helpful resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi + So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.