Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Do you need a series of fun, NO-PREP Kodály Music Reading lessons? This Rhythm Reading Activity Bundle is perfect for beginning musicians. The lessons with ICONIC and STANDARD notation make teaching rhythm elements easy for teachers and simple for students to understand. Google Slides, PowerPoint versions, and an interactive drag and drop DIGITAL Activity are included.*
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at these beneficial resources. You can see more by watching the video previews in each individual resource.
- Animal Rhythms | Quarter Note/Rest
- In & Out | Rhythm Chant Game - Quarter Note/Rest
- Bluebird, Bluebird | Singing Game - Quarter Note/Rest
- Animal 8ths | Quarter Note/Rest, Eighth Notes
- Pease Porridge Hot | Quarter Note/Rest, Eighth Notes + ABA Form
- Engine, Engine #9 | Quarter Note, Eighth Notes + Ostinato Patterns
- Wee Willie Winkie | Quarter Note/Rest, Eighth Notes + 2 Ostinato Patterns
**Each resource includes a NO-PREP, Ready-to-Use interactive DIGITAL EASEL ACTIVITY. The drag-and-drop rhythm reading activities may be completed by individual students, as centers or stations, or as a whole class activity. They may even be used as follow-up assessments.**
Need help assigning Easel Activities? Check out this video tutorial.
This sequence of beginning Music Literacy Lessons makes rhythm elements easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand. Lessons present information “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention. Built-in student response is designed to engage all students.
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Simple, doable, observational assessment options with rubrics
- Student Learning Targets written as clear, concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Iconic and standard notation
- Built-in student engagement in each lesson
- Games & activities designed to reinforce concepts
- Optional incorporation of rhythm instruments
- Ostinato patterns
- Blank editable slide with border which may be used for customization of lessons if desired
- Printable “Take it Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
- Also included are ink-saving versions of the “Take It Home” pages
“Take it Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators, parents, and other teachers see growing music literacy levels.
This bundle includes activities and games to reinforce the concepts learned. Learning through play is important for young children and these activities and games are sure to become favorites.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
If you are looking for more FUN no-prep music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.