This forever freebie is a sampling of some of my pages from other products in my store to give you a taste of what is included in them.
I have tried to include a few different concepts within this file. Each of the seven pages within this sample can be used in your classroom without purchase of the set that it comes from, it just won't completely walk you and your students through the preparation, presentation, and practice of the rhythmic or melodic concept it is focusing on.
The pages with the visual icons are meant to be projected onto your board so that students can see them while you are working on a song.
Two pages are student work pages to assess what they know.
This sampler includes:
1) Rhythmic icon slide for the song, Nanny Goat which can be found in the American Methodology. Rhythm concept: ta and titi
2) Rhythm icon slide for the song, King's Land. Rhythm concept: ta rest
3) Melodic icons for the last phrase of the song, King;s Land, to isolate the new melodic concept, do.
4) Steady beat icons to be used with the song, Here Comes a Bluebird, in preparation for half note.
5) Known rhythm stick notation plus icons for the new rhythm pattern, tiri-tiri (or tika-tika, takadimi, etc.)
6) "Lost in Space" worksheet- students have to differentiate between line and space notes.
7) A New Neighbor worksheet- this worksheet is great for a Kodaly music workbook. Students identify the new house on Solfa Street, la. They also show where sol mi and la live on the staff.
Looking for more sets for the Kodaly-Inspired Classroom?
Ta and Titi Kodaly Bundle
Sol-mi Kodaly Bundle
La Kodaly Bundle
Half Note Kodaly Bundle
Re Kodaly Bundle
Tiri-tiri Kodaly Bundle
Find more teaching ideas on my blog: Pursuit of Joyfulness: A Kodaly Inspired Classroom
Like my Facebook page: Lindsay's Kodaly Inspired Classroom on Facebook
Thank you for stopping by! Please let me know what you think of this sample by leaving a comment below. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at LindsayJervis@hotmail.com