Also included in
- Are you looking for Do Mi So La Kodály style songs and music activities with Orff accompaniments? Do you need both ICONIC and STANDARD notation? This FUN bundle with differentiated activities for varied abilities and multiple grade levels is ideal. Your students will be actively engaged in reading,$14.95$18.75Save $3.80
Are you looking for a Do Mi So La Kodály style song with music activities and Orff accompaniments? Mr. Frog is the perfect lesson with differentiated activities for varied abilities and multiple grade levels. Your students will be actively engaged reading ICONIC and STANDARD notation, singing, creating, and playing. Includes PRINTABLE and DIGITAL activities to reinforce learning.
**Click the video above and the green preview button above to see more of this ready-to-use resource.
- Mr. Frog | Music Literacy Activities with Orff Arrangement
- Apple Tree | Music Literacy Activities with Orff Arrangement
- Daisy Chain | Music Literacy Activities with Orff Arrangement
- The King's Land | Music Literacy Activities with Orff Arrangement
- Teddy Bear | Music Literacy Activities with Orff Arrangement
**This resource is compatible with Google Slides.
- Rhythm: Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Pitches: Do, Mi, So, La
- Recorder Treble Clef Pitches: C, E, G, A
**See preview for additional music elements included in differentiated Orff patterns.
- Two rhythmic ostinato patterns
- Two melodic ostinato patterns
- Recorder notation
- Iconic and standard notation are included in this resource.
- Orff accompaniments of varying degrees of difficulty are provided.
- Three differentiated versions of recorder notation are included for students needing additional support - all note prompts, note change prompts only, no prompts.
**Slides may be printed for individual students needing additional support.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- A simple, doable, observational assessment option with rubric
- Iconic and standard music notation
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Ensemble score (key of C)
- Resource includes built-in student response throughout lessons
- Guided instruction teaching Do, Mi, So, La on the staff while integrating solfege signs
- Xylophone templates for "air play" practice
- Creative activity guiding students to make up their own lyrics
- Printable “Take it Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
- Digital online Easel Activities to reinforce learning
- An editable slide with border for customization of lessons if desired
- A slide which may be printed as a poster to display in classroom
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key. Information is presented “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
“Take it Home” pages help build advocacy for your program when administrators, parents, and other teachers see growing music literacy levels.
If you are looking for more FUN no-prep music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you for visiting my store today. Be sure to let me know if have any questions.