Products in this Bundle (5)
Are you looking for Kodály Songs with Orff Arrangements to learn and practice Do Mi So? Do you need resources that provide differentiated music reading activities for varied abilities and multiple grade levels? This bundle is perfect! Your students will love these performance activities while being actively engaged reading music using icons, standard notation, solfege, and treble clef note names.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at these beneficial resources.
- Bells in the Steeple | Kodály Round with Orff Accompaniments
- Mother, Mother | Kodály Music Reading Lesson with Orff Accompaniments
- I See the Moon | Kodály Music Reading Lesson with Orff Accompaniments
- Fuzzy Wuzzy | Kodály Music Reading Lesson with Orff Accompaniments
- Curfew Song | Kodály Music Reading Lesson with Orff Accompaniments
- Rhythm: Quarter notes, eighth notes
- Pitches: Do, Mi, So
- Recorder Treble Clef Pitches: G, B, D
- Rhythmic Ostinato
- Two melodic ostinato patterns (notated in the key of C and the key of G)
- Recorder music is notated in the key of G to be "recorder friendly."
Differentiation: Recorder music includes three different versions for students needing differentiation - all note prompts, note change prompts only, no prompts.
BONUS: You can mix and match any of the ostinato patterns in this bundle. You may want to change the lyrics to match the subject of the song.
- Interactive Table of Contents for easy navigation of lesson
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- A simple, doable, observational assessment option with rubric
- Lyrics slide
- Iconic music reading leading to standard notation
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Two music scores (key of C, key of G)
- Built-in review
- Guided instruction reading rhythms & teaching Do, Mi, So on the staff while integrating solfege signs
- Built-in student response throughout lesson
- “Take it Home” pages which may also be used as assessments
- Ink-saving versions of the “Take it Home” pages
- An editable slide with border for customization of lesson if desired
- A slide which may be printed as a poster to display in your classroom
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key. Information is presented “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these lessons, Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
Note: In order for each lesson to stand alone, each lesson in this bundle includes the rhythm review, introduction to Do, Mi, So on the staff and hand signs. That is why the bundle is such a big discount.
If you are looking for more NO-PREP music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't miss the helpful resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi + So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.