Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Do you need FUN activities to build your K-5 students' music literacy and performance skills? This Mega Bundle of Kodály Style Music Literacy Activities is perfect. Activities include reading ICONIC and STANDARD notation, games, playing Orff accompaniments, reading solfege and treble clef notes, andPrice $85.00Original Price $137.00Save $52.00
Are you looking for Kodály style music reading songs to teach and practice Do Re Mi? This song BUNDLE with Orff accompaniments provides simple performance activities differentiated for multiple grade levels. Students are engaged in fun games, singing, reading ICONIC and STANDARD notation, solfege, treble clef note names, playing Orff instruments and recorder, and more.
- Hot Cross Buns with Rhythmic Orff Ostinato
- Hop Old Squirrel with Rhythmic Orff Ostinato
- Closet Key with 2 Melodic Ostinato Patterns
- Grandma Grunts with 2 Melodic Ostinato Patterns
- Sailor, Sailor with 2 Melodic Ostinato Patterns
- Projectable lesson - PowerPoint version
- Simple directions for uploading as Google Slides version
- Interactive drag and drop online Easel Activities
- Printable worksheets
After completing the group lessons, follow up with optional Easel Activities to reinforce and check comprehension. Use activities as. . . . .
- Centers or stations
- Whole class activity
- 1:1 individual student activity
- Practice or assessment
- Rhythm: quarter note, eighth notes, quarter rest, half note, 6/8 meter, single eighth note, dotted quarter note,
- Solfege Pitches: Do, Re, Mi
- Recorder Pitches: B, A, G
- Movable Do: Each song is notated in 3-5 different keys
Key changes are presented in a simple, easy-to-understand manner making the concept commonplace. This prepares students to read music in any key.
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Simple observational assessment options with rubric
- Learning Targets written as clear concise student-centered “I can” statements
- Teacher tips for teaching music reading concepts
- Step-by-step guided instruction
- Built-in student response
- Built-In Review
- Rhythmic and melodic ICONIC and STANDARD notation
- Solfege hand signs
- Large easy-to-read music notation
- Rhythmic or melodic Orff accompaniment patterns
- Fun games to reinforce learning
- Recorder notation with and without prompts
- “Take it Home" pages which may be used as assessments
- "Steps for Reading Music" slide that may be printed as a classroom poster
- An editable slide with border for customization of lesson if desired
Differentiation options provide structured success for varied abilities and multiple grade levels. Recorder music is notated with all note name prompts, with changing note name prompts, and without prompts to provide for various levels of differentiation.
This bundle includes activities and games to reinforce the concepts learned. Learning through play is important for young children and these activities and games are sure to become favorites.
The lessons in this easy-to-use Music Literacy Series do not dictate the use of one specific rhythm syllable system. You may use any rhythm reading system with these activities - Kodály, French Time, Gordon, Takadimi, or Numerical.
Lessons present information “just-in-time” in order to focus student attention. Built-in student response is designed to engage all students. Activities are designed sequentially making concepts easy for teachers to teach and simple for students to understand.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Cheryl K. - I own a few of these bundles and I know that I will be getting more in the future. They are so, so good! These lessons work perfectly on my Smartboard and they have really helped my students become more confident reading music. I love that they are virtually no prep for me and yet fun, engaging and informative for my students.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Amy B. - Great resource that allows you to teach concepts in multiple ways.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Judith J. - I really love this as another recorder resource and to reinforce pitch. The learning targets are fantastic to use and all my work is done for me. Many thanks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Alissa R. - Student's loved this activity! Very helpful song to teach do, re, mi and key change! Student's were very engaged. I also really liked the take home activities to reinforce concepts. Thank you so much!
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Save over 35% when you invest in ALL 41 sequential music reading activities as a part of this. . . . .
Thank you for visiting our store. Be sure to let me know if have any questions.
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!