Also included in
- Incorporate meaningful reading with comprehension activities with Nonfiction Reading Passages for Holidays. Teach the "why" behind each holiday with these nonfiction reading passages. These are a wonderful way to incorporate Social Studies into your ELA block (or vice versa!). Included in this bundl$28.00$41.75Save $13.75
- Are you looking for a complete resource to supplement your social studies curriculum? Do you need materials to incorporate teaching about holidays into your ELA block? These close reading passages are the perfect tool to check off multiple standards with meaningful and engaging topics.Included are$8.75$11.75Save $3.00
Teach your students about Kwanzaa with differentiated reading passages and meaningful activities. Beginning December 26 and lasting for seven days, Kwanzaa is a celebration of community, family and culture, established as a means to help African Americans reconnect with their African roots and heritage.
Close reading is so crucial to helping our students become successful in deeply comprehending brief, complex texts. This is a great resource for understanding the meaning behind Kwanzaa while dissecting the text through practicing crucial comprehension and vocabulary skills.
- 3 levels of nonfiction text (in color and black and white)
- non-fiction text features
- vocabulary (aligned with each level of text)
- comprehension questions
- illustrating and responding to the text
- coloring page
What Educators are saying about Holiday Close Reading
"I love being able to incorporate good holiday curriculum into their day. These close reads are perfect as I am able to teach reading concepts using engaging close reads. :)" - Laurie L.
"I really like this item. I have looked it all over and I'm impressed. I'm copying and using the Memorial Day item later this month and I'm looking forward to it." - Jesica F.
Questions? Feel free to send me an email: email@example.com
Copyright © The Sassy Apple Company
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Thank you for taking the time to review this product!
You might also like: