Also included in
- Literacy songs, poems, reader’s theater/scripts, graphic organizers, writing activities for the entire school year. Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Winter, MLK Jr., President’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Groundhog Day, Spring, Earth Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day. Perfect for Preschoo$55.20$69.00Save $13.80
Celebrate Kwanzaa in your preschool and primary Kinder, First, Second and Third Grade Classrooms through singing, reading and writing activities. Literacy activities include Songs sung to familiar tunes with Hand Actions, Reader's Theater Script and Poems in addition to writing activities to complete your literacy lessons. Perfect for Preschool- 3rd grade.
- All songs set to familiar tunes!
- 26 speaking parts-adaptable and in 3 formats
- KWANZAA Vocabulary list
- KWANZAA “is” POSTERS
- Each Song and Poem is on a color and black and white poster.
- There are hand actions or performance ideas for each song and poem.
- 2 Graphic Organizers-Circle and Tree Map
- 2 Writing Activities in primary and intermediate lines.
- 1 Little Reader using the Poem “Seven Little Candles”
- Script Formats:
- FULL SCRIPT WITH NUMBERED PARTS
- FULL SCRIPT WITHOUT NUMBERS
- BUDDY READING SCRIPT
- READERS THEATER SCRIPT without SONGS
- TEACHER COPY SCRIPT
- Posters to use in class discussion
- Finger Puppets in Color and Black and White
- Pre-K and Kinders would need help reading the script. It would best be used as a play having them memorize their lines at home.
- FIRST GRADE- Some difficulty with big words.
- Do a vocabulary activity first.
- SECOND GRADE-THIRD GRADE- Easy read.
- The program will probably only take about 15 minutes if performed straight through.
USE THIS RESOURCE:
- LITERACY CENTERS
- DAILY 5
- WRITING ACTIVITIES
- SEAT WORK
- MUSICAL PERFORMANCE
- CLASS PROGRAM
Children will love learning all about Kwaanza through singing, moving, coloring and writing activities. Print and Go!
- Create a Holiday Song and Poem book for each student using the color or Black and White Printable Cover Sheet.
- Use this resource as whole class instruction or to differentiate instruction for small groups, shared reading and Center Activities.
- Use this Christmas Literacy Resource to reinforce and provide opportunities to practice and build COMMON CORE BASIC SKILLS such as:
- LONG AND SHORT VOWELS
- SILENT E
- READING WITH PURPOSE AND UNDERSTANDING
This resource supports COMMON CORE Daily 5 for practice in fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills reinforcement.
MORE LITERACY RESOURCES:
You may want to check out Christmas Songs, Poems, Readers Theater Literacy Resource
ABOUT SING PLAY CREATE LLC.
All products and works are copyrighted by Sing Play Create LLC. Buyers may get Free store credit by going to "my purchases" and click on "Provide Feedback". Ratings and helpful feedback are welcomed.
QUESTIONS? Please use the "Ask a Question" section of my TpT store. Or, you can email me at email@example.com
CONNECT WITH ME HERE:
Let's Move and Learn with Music!