These non-seasonal L blends centers are a great way to keep your students engaged during literacy stations. This set of cards does not include any seasonal graphics. That means these cards can be used at any time during the year!
Use these centers for literacy stations, tutoring, early finishers, intervention, and more!
All the centers are included in color and black & white!
Each center comes with a direction card, center cards, differentiated recording sheets, and an answer key card.
1. I can read words with blends! - students will look at a picture and decide between two spelling choices (i.e. for the word "slip" the choices are "slip or clip")
2. I can dab the blend! - students will look at a picture, say the name, and then dab or color the answer choice on their recording sheet (three answer choices given)
3. I can use letter boxes! - students are given a picture and a word in letter boxes partially filled in; students will fill in the missing blend
4. I can hear sounds in words! - students are given a picture and a word in sound boxes partially filled in; students will fill in the missing blend
5. I can match pictures and words! - students will complete self-correcting puzzles matching a picture and with a word
6. I can clip the blend! - students are given a picture and three blend choices; students will clip the correct blend
7. I can build words! - students will complete 4 piece puzzles (i.e. picture of blow, bl, o, w)
8. I can find words! - students will use a magnifying glass to find words hidden in a picture
9. I can sort blends! - students will sort pictures of blends into blenders (one blender for each blend and five pictures for each blender)
10. I can identify blends! - students will work with play dough to build blends for particular pictures; on the recording sheet students will trace/write words and circle the blends
The recording sheets come in different levels to help differentiate for your student needs. Most printables include an 8, 10, and 12 answer option.