This very full - 9 part learning package is designed to help children learn to read and spell the 72 TRICKY words taught in the first two years of school. It follows the same sequence as that used by the JOLLY PHONICS program.
However, the learning activities would suit the needs of any young literacy learners.
The suggested learning activities can also be used to help older children to close the gap and achieve better literacy outcomes.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE AND HOW CAN IT BE USED?
1. Suggestions for multi-sensory teaching of the TRICKY WORDS.
2. Strips of TRICKY WORDS to read and trace.
These can be stapled into paper chains to decorate literacy centers and classrooms.
The TRICKY WORDS can also be glued into children’s writing books for reference and practice.
3. Sentences for the reading practice of tricky words.
These can be copied, cut up and used as flashcards. Children can read these words and also be directed to copy them for spelling practice. The TRICKY words are underlined.
4, Sentences for tracing whole sentences that use tricky words.
These can be copied and traced by students to reinforce the spelling of TRICKY WORDS. They can trace with bright colours to aid memory.
5. Sentences for children to read and insert the missing TRICKY WORDS.
6. A TRICKY WORDS sort
7. A PowerPoint of all the 72 TRICKY WORDS
8. A recording form for you to mark off when children have mastered the words. This form can also be used for flashcards.
I suggest you make a copy for each child.
9. Certificate for children who have mastered the TRICKY WORDS.
I have also made a certificate for children who are trying hard but haven’t yet mastered the words.