Pre-reading and predictions, reading comprehension, discussion questions, predictions, grading rubrics, final project, racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, complete novel reading guide with 18 reproducible worksheets.
Included is a complete set of reading comprehension questions for the novel "From the Notebooks of Melanin Sun" by Jacqueline Woodson. Each Chapter has its own set of questions with printable worksheets.
1) Pre-reading and predictions worksheets
2) Comprehension questions for every chapter
3) Grading rubric for evaluating written responses
4) Grading rubric for evaluating small group book talks
5) Final project brainstorm and outline
6) final project grading rubric
A Coretta Scott King Award winning novel, this book challenges young readers to consider social topics often left out of literature for young people. Comprehension questions have been designed to spark discussions on racism, homophobia, sexism, violence, and classism. A final culminating project idea and rubric is also included. Designed for the Middle or High School Grades by Nicole Solis.