Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
Working in the lab and being engaged in science experiments is the most exciting part of science. The following Life Science Demo, Lab and Science Stations Bundle give your students the opportunity to investigate, explore and learn the life science topics being studied.
** Note ** This bundle is part of:
Topics for this bundle include:
1: Nature of Science
2: Lab Safety and Science Inquiry Skills
3: Principles of Ecology
4: Population Dynamics
5: Cell Structure and Function
6: Photosynthesis, Cell Processes and Energy
7: Mendel and Heredity
8: Modern Genetics
9: Changes Over Time and Classification
10: The Microbial World
12: Animal Diversity: Invertebrates
13: Animal Diversity: Vertebrates
14: Human Body – Part I
15: Human Body – Part II
FREE BONUS - DeSTEMber - a winter-themed STEM activity pack
**Each topic can also be purchased separately once completed.**
What is provided with this product – SEE PRODUCT PREVIEW FOR SAMPLE PAGES
1. SCIENCE STATION SIGNAGE is ORIGINAL art for all 7 stations and is provided in color and in black and white (see preview). All student answer sheets have icons that correspond with each station for ease of use.
2. DEMONSTRATIONS (teacher-led) which allows teachers to invite scientific discussions and can help uncover misconceptions and, most importantly, lead to heightened curiosity and interest of the topic being studied.
3. GUIDED INQUIRY LABS which are traditional labs that allow students to perform an investigation in order to solve a problem. Students will hypothesize, collect and analyze data and communicate their results.
4. TEACHER GUIDES to DEMOS & SCIENCE STATIONS help get you started and give you background information to make your science lessons awesome!
5. INQUIRY PROCESS SKILLS CHECKLIST is provided with each set to show teachers and administrators the inquiry skills used by students in each activity. These skills include, but are not limited to, communicating, creating models, inferring, classifying, identifying variables, measuring, observing, predicting, gathering and organizing data, comparing and contrasting, interpreting data and manipulating materials.
6. 7 SCIENCE STATIONS FOR EACH TOPIC which are designated locations in the classroom with activities that challenge students to extend their knowledge and elaborate on their science skills by working independently of the teacher in small groups or pairs. Lab stations included are:
• INFORMATION STATION
Group members will read an interesting and relevant science passage then complete a task to help increase science literacy and deepen their understanding of the science concept.
• OBSERVATION STATION
Group members will have images, illustrations or actual samples at this station that show applications or processes of the science topic. Using what they’ve learned, they will need to apply their observation skills to complete the questions attached to each.
• CALCULATION STATION
Group members use their math skills to complete the station challenge. Skills may include graphing, analyzing data, using models, measurement, and calculating formulas or word problems.
• INVESTIGATION STATION
Group members will work with one another to explore the concept through hands-on activities so they may practice specific inquiry process skills as they learn.
• COMMUNICATION STATION
There are three different options for this station: interviews, video, group essay. Depending on the option you choose, group members will communicate what they know by answering questions in creative ways.
• CREATION STATION
Group members will work together to solve a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) challenge by creating models or designs that demonstrate their understanding of the science topic being taught.
• IMAGINATION STATION
This station makes science concepts relevant for students by asking them to imagine scenarios that will bring about discussion and critical thinking.
Getting updates and accessing new files:
Make sure to follow my store and you will receive notifications when a new product is added. To access file, go to “My purchases” in your TpT account and re-download product for updated file.
Cliff Note Version: Product is for ONE TEACHER ONLY – Please do not distribute illegally to another user or online. Licensing options are available. Thanks for your honesty.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.