Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
21.14 MB | 21 pages
Our teaching days are packed with reading, math and writing. Word work and spelling often gets short-shifted. Some days it completely gets thrown to the wayside. L.I.P.S. can help you fit spelling and pattern discovery into your busy day.
L.I.P.S. (Learn, Investigate and Practice Spelling) is a spelling/word work system that organizes the critical skill of spelling. Designed to fit into a 15 minute block, L.I.P.S. utilizes a composition notebook; a new is page added each day. The focus of the week is a spelling pattern and 5 words that fit the pattern.
The kids will:
* LEARN the spelling pattern
* INVESTIGATE the spelling pattern (2 days)
* PRACTICE the spelling pattern
* SPELL the words, and use what they have learned to spell 3 new words.
The short spelling list keeps students from becoming overwhelmed with long lists to memorize. A list of 5 gives the kids ample time to explore the pattern instead of just memorizing it.
* Editable notebook labels (color and bw) for student's notebooks
* Explanation on how to use L.I.P.S.
* Break down of each day's instruction or activities
* 5 days of printable comp notebook inserts
* Mini posters to match each day's insert for mini-lesson
* editable Word .doc with pages for day 1 and 2
This kit does not include spelling patterns or words. It is designed to fit the word study and spelling patterns in your classroom.
This product is licensed with a Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported. You may freely use this product for your own uses but not use it for commercial purposes.
Thank you for stopping by to check out my products!
For quick updates, product notices and snippetsof a life in teaching, "like" peacocks and penguins on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/PeacocksandPenguins and visit Peacocks and Penguins Blog at http://peacocksandpenguins.blogspot.com