re-, non-, over-, mis-, bio-, tele-, pre-, dis-, im-, in-, un-, -ful, -less, centi-, de-, under-, bi-, tri-, -able, -ible, -ology
This product introduces your students to a variety of prefixes, suffixes, and root words, shows several examples of how each word part is used, teaches them to break down words into parts, and reviews these parts with a Jeopardy-style review game. It includes:
• Word lists for commonly used affixes and roots. Each affix/root includes 5 example words
• PowerPoints with literal word definitions for each word
• A Jeopardy-style review game to review what has been learned.
1. Give each student a copy of the word list.
2. Go through the PowerPoint. On it, each word has 2 slides. The first slide allows students a chance to guess what the word’s literal meaning is using the picture as a clue. The second slide is the answer they can copy onto their word list sheet to study. I like to teach one word list per week, but you can also teach one list per day and review them all at the end of the week.
3. Do the Jeopardy game at the end to review.
Want hands-on activities and tests to go along with these word lists, or additional word lists? I offer a YEAR LONG NO PREP BUNDLE-SPELLING Study Greek & Latin Affixes & Roots CCSS L4b.
Want more affix and root lists and games? Purchase them all!
• [LISTS 6-9] GREEK & LATIN AFFIXES & ROOTS: PowerPoints, & Review Game L4b
o quad-, -rupt, terr-, geo-, photo-, -tract, -meter, -scope, phon-, -graph, sub-, -fore, oct-, semi-, multi-, poly-
• [LISTS 10-13] GREEK & LATIN AFFIXES & ROOTS: Lists, PowerPoints, & Review Game L4b
o anti-, auto-, -ject, struct-, astro-, jur-, vid-, vis-, dict-, aud-, inter-, trans-, -tion, -ion, -ian, -or, -ist
• [LISTS 14-17] GREEK & LATIN AFFIXES & ROOTS: Lists, PowerPoints, & Review Game L4b
o –ness, -ity, -ment, -ent, -ant, -ious, -eous, -ous, super-, -ic, chron-, uni-, -port, -script, scrib-, therm-, micro-, hydro-, vac-