Teach literary terms in a modern and engaging way with this ready-to-use resource! This is a Teachers Pay Teachers Top 100 selling resource that will last you the entire year.
The product teaches students various literary terms through the use of modern examples (music lyrics, TV, movies, novels, celebrities, images etc). It also includes lots of video clips that will engage your students.
TEACHER FEEDBACK ON THIS RESOURCE
♥ This is an EXCELLENT resource and I highly recommend this product to anyone teaching middle school English!!!
♥ Great job! This was my first of three of your products:) I bought two more after using this one!
♥ If I could give you an A+ for everything I would! AWESOME! Great examples. My students totally get it after I present it this way!!
HOW TO USE THIS RESOURCE:
• At the beginning of each week, introduce a new term to your students with the presentation. Have a discussion about the video clip, images connected to that literary term etc.
• Then have students write the definition and examples in the provided booklet.
• Put the "Literary Term Of The Week" poster up on a bulletin board (or wall).
• Under this poster, place the literary term for that week (posters for all terms also included).
• Have students find examples in the week of that term and post them underneath (they can write it on a post it, clip it out of a magazine, or print something from online.) At the end of the week, go over what the students have added to the board!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
→ Teacher instructions
→ 112 Engaging and creative Powerpoint presentation slides which give the definition of the literary term with examples. Some slides have links to video clips (YouTube is required). Please note that links in Powerpoint only work in full screen/slideshow mode.
→ A poster to put on your bulletin board that says "Literary Term Of The Week" with a prompt for students to find their own examples to post underneath.
→ A small poster for each of the 76 terms (with the definition) to put under the Literary Term Of The Week poster to remind students of the term of the week and the definition.
→ A PDF and Word (editable) student definition booklet that they can use to fill in the definition or examples each week.
This Resource Is Included In My Best-Selling Year Of Bell Ringers! Click Below
A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
LITERARY ELEMENTS OF FICTION BUNDLE
50 ASSIGNMENTS FOR ANY READING
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers