In literature circles, small groups of students gather together to discuss a piece of literature in depth. Literature circles are an excellent way to guide students to deeper understanding of what they read through assignments and structured discussion.
This resource has absolutely everything you need to set up and implement literature circles in the middle and high school classroom.
Included In Your Purchase:
• Teacher Guide: Detailed information list for starting and running Literature Circles
• Group Binder Cover
• Literature Circle Novel Choice Cards: Students choose their top three novels to read and you formulate the groups.
• Literature Circle Introduction and FAQs for students
• Literature Circle Reading and Meeting Schedule
• List of 5 student roles (summarizer, discussion leader, text connector, vocabulary leader, literary leader)
• Literature Circle Meeting Outline: A checklist which guides students though each meeting
• Assignment sheets for each of the 5 roles
• Literature Circle Peer Assessment Cards: Students assess their group members on their preparedness so you know who did not do the reading or the assignment.
• Student Participation rubric and recording sheet (makes for easy marking of lit circle discussion participation)
• 18 Final Novel Questions: Work for any reading.
• Final Creative Project: Includes a choice of 9 different assignments
• Creative Project Rubric: Makes for easy marking!
Feedback On This Resource:
♥ Book clubs are hard to implement in a classroom, but this made it easier!
♥ Just began using this packet a few days ago. I am very impressed with the amount of thought and detail put into it. I think it will work well in my middle school English classroom.
♥ These forms are so helpful. I really wanted to use literature circles, but was overwhelmed with all the forms I would need to create, etc. This has everything I need.
♥ This was my first foray into Lit circles. This resource made it VERY easy and my middle school kiddos LOVE the ease with which they can understand the different roles. Thanks!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
TpT BEST SELLER: ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers