Longfellow's "The Arrow and the Song," "The Rainy Day," and "A Psalm of Life" are studied in this unit. The full text for each poem is included as well as some terminology and several styles of poetry analysis.
- Two pages for "The Arrow and the Song," with format terminology, and direct questioning
- One page for "The Rainy Day," with format terminology and analysis.
- Two pages for "The Psalm of Life," with close reading style directions and questions.
- A page for students to create an acrostic poem, with directions
- A short research fill-in for Longfellow's life
- A word search for early finishers or just for fun.
- A page of teacher suggestions.
- Answers Included
Please see the Preview for two sample pages.