LOVE THOSE LADYBUGS! Kids will go buggy for the educational activities focused ladybugs. These activities were created to enhance and extend the story of The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle and any ladybug/insect unit. There are 13 different teacher-created
activities from various areas of the curriculum. All activities are in PDF
format and are ready for you to print out and use in centers, small groups,
large groups or take home bags. In addition to the 13 activities described
below, there is also a full color binder cover and activity letter
which explains how to do each activity. (Contains 22 teacher-created PDF files)
1. Story retelling pieces--Retell the story of the Grouchy Ladybug using the
animal pieces. You can also line them up according to size order.
2. Missing vowels-- Put the correct ladybug vowel on the spaces of the leaf
to create the long vowel word that matches the picture.
3. Time Check-- Draw the hands on the clock to make it match the time
4. Symmetry--A ladybugÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s spots are symmetrical, which means they are
the same on both sides of the body. Look at the one side of the ladybugÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s
wings and draw the spots in the same place on the other side.
5. What time of day?--Read each activity on the red cards. Decide whether you do the activity in the morning, afternoon, or at night. Place it on the yellow mat in the correct column.
6. ABC Order--Put the ladybug animal cards in ABC order
7. Emotions -- Match the sentence with the emotion that would best
describe how you feel. Then draw a picture of what you face would look
like when you feel that way.
8. Ladybug Vest--Follow the directions to make your own ladybug vest using a paperbag, scissors and paint. Includes written directions and pictures.
9. Ladybug Math--Solve the addition and subtraction problems on the ladybug.
10. Ladybug Diagram--Use the words in the box to label the diagram of the
11. Ladybug Month Match--Put the months of the year in the correct order
and then match them with their abbreviation cards.
12. Days of the Week--Put the days of the week in order and then match
them to their correct abbreviations.
13. Count the Spots--Count the spots on each ladybug and place the correct number card next to it.
14. Binder Cover
15. Activity Letter--Explains how to do each activity