La Bicicleta y Colombia Music Activity for novice Spanish class
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7Price $74.99Original Price $95.89Save $20.90
- Are you tired of wasting time creating daily warmups and trying to find appropriate, authentic & diverse music and culture for your High School Spanish classes? This Editable Google Slides Mis Clases Locas Music Growing Bundle is a great way to introduce students to a wide variety of Hispanic cuPrice $144.99Original Price $191.29Save $46.30
This Spanish cultural song activity was designed to introduce the basic geography of Colombia through the song La Bicicleta by Carlos Vives & Shakira. It is designed for novice middle school Spanish, Spanish 1, or Spanish 2 students focusing on 3 of the SUper 7 high-frequency words - voy, quiero, and le gusta.
Included in this Bicicleta song activity
✅ Basic vocab for early novice Spanish - voy, quiero, le gusta & bicicleta
✅ Printable 1 page PDF worksheet
✅ Worksheet includes 4 vocabulary words, cloze activity (filling in lyrics of the song), 2 discussion questions in Spanish, and geographic expansion of Colombia.
✅ NEW 10 page Google Slideshow to project
✅ Slideshow includes vocabulary, Youtube video of the song, dance brain break & projectable activities from the worksheet
✅ Includes instructions for teacher, answer key & instructions for students
This song activity includes some basic geography of Colombia including places mentioned in the song, with opportunities for expansion or further student research. It would go great with the novels Peter va a Colombia or Brandon Brown Quiere un Perro, or the film Encanto.
You will need access to Youtube or another streaming platform to play the song La Bicicleta by Carlos Vives & Shakira.
100+ 5 star reviews from teachers
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Such a catchy song. Well-designed, easy activity. Thanks! - Caitlyn N
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Another great resource from Mis Clases Locas - they never disappoint! I am excited to teach this song with these materials. - Elizabeth H
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Loved this activity to learn about Colombia and the musician Shakira and the lovely song "La Bicicleta"! My students enjoyed it too! - Espejo de idiomas
You might also be interested in this Encanto Movie Guide, also set in Colombia.
Other Music resources you might enjoy
⭐⭐Music bracket for YOUNGER Spanish class
⭐⭐Baile viernes for middle school.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Have difficulty with a file?
- In the PDF download, go to the instructions page. That is where you will find links to the worksheet, key & google slides.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & activities related to Colombia, check out my blog Mis Clases Locas
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.