This is an entire weekly unit on Spanish places in the city and transportation, with a grammar focus on the simple future. It contains vocabulary, grammar, practices, a fun project, and multiple quizzes. The advanced activity has students apply city and transportation vocabulary and the simple future (and true future) in a Thanksgiving themed story "Serge el serpiente de pavo"
- vocabulary list - with 24 vocabulary words and grammar points
- powerpoint - with pictures of all vocabulary words for practice
- song lyrics (goes with: "Donde esta ese lugar")
- grammar lesson - simple future (ir + a + verb)
- speaking and listening practices: M&M activity with city map (students ask each other in Spanish where M&Ms are and they have to put it there - a lot of fun!!)
- listening practice: fill in the blanks to the short 30 sec "Community" rap clip (found on YouTube) "Donde esta la biblioteca"
- mini project - "El fin de semana": student writes, draws, and presents what he/she, family, friends, etc. do on the weekend using the simple future
- reading and grammar quiz (2 versions for retakes plus pre-retake quiz practice)
- advanced assignment - an independent activity to challenge strong students (a Thanksgiving themed story "Serge el serpiente de pavo")
- Each quiz has a rubric at the bottom, which can be easily changed for your own state standards
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a "proficient" (4/5). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an "advanced" (or a 5/5 to get an A). This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)