- Use this 70-slide Ma Famille unit PowerPoint lesson presentation to introduce and review families words and phrases. My French basics resources suit students beginning French and near beginners in Primary / Elementary and Middle School (Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7), Core French / FSL (French as a Second Lan
- For distance learning support see below. La Famille Française unit printable writing activities, which could be used for independent work while students are home learning: 3 worksheets, a crossword puzzle, and word search to consolidate Ma Famille / Family in French vocabulary. Differentiated versio
- For distance learning support see below. Vocabulary games and activities for your French Families unit (Ma Famille). There a Four in a Row board game and card set, an 'I Have, Who Has?' ('Follow Me') set and a Happy Families Game (Jeu des 7 Familles) for review of key vocabulary. My French basics re
- La Famille en Francais et Les Animaux de Compagnie / Les Animaux Domestiques unit BIG BUNDLE, containing 7 packets of speaking, reading and writing activities for teaching and reviewing key vocabulary and phrases over multiple lessons on this topic. Includes interactive PowerPoint presentations, fla$15.00$22.50Save $7.50
- Back to school (la rentree scolaire) is a great time to get organized with these Beginners French topics for speaking, reading and writing about personal information, interests, introducing yourself en français - or use them for review if students have prior experience. This time-saving bundle, pack$59.00$95.50Save $36.50
- Back to school (la rentree scolaire) is a great time to get this French Basics Curriculum MEGA BUNDLE, which includes interactive PowerPoint presentations, printable differentiated worksheets, puzzles, games, activities, and more, to take the stress out of planning lessons to teach and review 16 Beg$125.00$199.00Save $74.00
For distance learning support see below. French Families (La Famille Francaise) unit BUNDLE contains a 70 slide PowerPoint lesson presentation (and PDF version), differentiated worksheets, crossword and word search puzzles, and fun printable games and activities for Ma Famille vocabulary. My French basics resources suit students beginning French and near beginners in Primary / Elementary and Middle School (Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7), Core French / FSL (French as a Second Language), and may suit others, depending on experience.
The BUNDLE offers a big saving on the three individual resource packets that it contains. Please click on these links if you would prefer to purchase one separately:
If you are teaching French Families alongside French Pets, you can get my French Family and Pets BIG BUNDLE, which includes all my French Pets and French Family resources, including a packet of 24 French Family and Pets Role-Play Cards.
This bundle is also included in the following MEGA BUNDLES:
To suit different teachers, my French basics resources are available in multiple bundles of different sizes. Please check the preview files to ensure you do not make any duplicate purchases by mistake. Thank you so much for your interest.
Vocabulary covered includes: le frère (brother), la soeur (sister), le fils (son), la fille (daughter), le père (father), la mère (mother), le bébé (baby), le grand-père (grandfather), la grand-mère (grandmother), le beau-père (stepfather), la belle-mère (stepmother), le demi-frère (stepbrother), la demi-soeur (stepsister), l’oncle (uncle), la tante (aunt), le cousin (male cousin), la cousine (female cousin), les jumeaux (twins), enfant unique (only child). Mon’ and ‘ma’ are also used to say ‘my father’, ‘my sister’ etc. Students will also practice asking and answering questions about families such as Qui est-ce? (Who is this?), Tu as des frères ou des soeurs? (Do you have any brothers or sisters?) and Combien de personnes il y a dans ta famille? (How many people are there in your family?). Giving names, ages, and information about where people live is also consolidated alongside family vocabulary.
Worksheets and Puzzles: One of the three worksheets and the two puzzles are included in two versions to suit different abilities. This includes a vocabulary bank on some versions to support learners. Answer keys included for all.
Games: Four in a Row board game and card set, a 'I Have, Who Has?' ('Follow Me') or loop card (dominoes) set, and Happy Families Game (Jeu des 7 Familles).
4 in a Row: Print word card sets on different colored card stock or paper (or print the different colored sets) for pairs / individuals to compete against each other, laying down a card of their color on the correct person. Each of the family members appear twice on the board so children must think strategically to get 4 cards lined up in a row (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) to win.
Happy Families: Print cards in color and laminate for regular use. There are 10 cards in each family set. Each family is a different color, so pupils practice their French colors too. Choose maybe 4 to 6 French family words to practice and put these cards (from all seven color families) into play. Make players aware which ones are being used so they know which ones they must ask for to complete their sets. English and French word sets both included. Pupil instruction card included on the last page of the resource. Ideally print on 11 x 17 (A3) or use the 2 page version which is also included.
Loop Cards / Follow Me / 'I Have, Who Has?' Cards: 18 words appear in this continuous loop. Children can start at any point and could complete as a dominoes activity, or orally as a group or whole class. Multiple sets could be printed on different colored card for groups to race each other.
PowerPoint Presentation: A substantial interactive lesson presentation (around 70 slides) to introduce and consolidate key vocabulary. Recapping slides feature answers that appear on a mouse click. Slides for games of Splat and Bingo are also included. This is ideal for scaffolding the learning of beginners or near beginners. Now also included in an additional PDF format, without the mouse-click functionality, in case you don't have PowerPoint where you work.
The worksheets, puzzles, and games are all in PDF. The presentation is in an editable PowerPoint version and a non-editable PDF version.
*** If you decide to purchase this, thank you so much. Please consider rating this on TpT to earn yourself credit to spend on the site. I hope you'll be happy to give it a high rating but if there's anything I can do to help you or if there's anything you would like to ask, please contact me through the 'Ask a Question' section of my store. I want you to purchase with confidence and know that friendly follow-up support is available if required.
To rate a product, simply go to your My Purchases page and click on the Provide Feedback button next to the relevant purchase. It’ll help my store become a little more established and I’ll be so grateful. Thank you very much for your support.
Please FOLLOW MY STORE to find out about my new resources as my store grows. I'm adding more resources and money-saving bundles regularly.
Here are some of my thematic bundles, most of which are contained within the FULL YEAR BUNDLE, but you may wish to purchase some separately: