These activities are meant to help students learn the names and locations of Spanish-speaking countries.
These activities go along with the song "La Gozadera" by Gente de Zona and featuring Marc Anthony. This song is readily available on YouTube and iTunes and a link to the song is referenced.
First students will complete a pre-viewing activity which will ask them to recall the names of Spanish-speaking countries with some supports. Following that, students will read a short biography, in Spanish, of the group Gente de Zona. After viewing the video, they will begin completing the cloze activity which focuses on their interpretive listening skills and ability to hear the names of Spanish-speaking countries within the song. Finally, students will take a closer look at the lyrics of the song and complete a map activity and respond to some culture questions that ask them to think about what it means to be Latino or Latin American.
Included in this download:
- Educator's Guide
- Spanish-speaking country pre-viewing activity
- Artist Biography of Gente de Zona
- Link to the song on YouTube
- Cloze Activity
- Map Activity
- Cultural Questions for Discussion
- Answer Keys for all objective activities
If you like this product, click below to check out some related products also available in this store:
More Popular Music Activities
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺