Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Bundle and Save! If you are ready to create a comprehensive integrated Spanish language thematic unit of science and literature you will like the variety of options of vocabulary, images and reading comprehension and discussion activities that this bundle provides. All reading comprehension activities can be modified for oral conversation and discussion, writing practice and testing. Use for an individual or multiple lessons. The reading texts and activities are written with present tense verbs with some use of the preterite and compound tenses (approximates intermediate language learner of the World-Readiness Language Standards).
What is included (.PDF files and a Powerpoint):
• Powerpoint images of objects from the story of La hormiga written by Marco Denevi (approximates novice language learner of the World-Readiness Language Standards).
• Slides with images of objects (open for resizing) from the story of The Little Ant from The Day It Snowed Tortillas written by Joe Hayes
• Ant anatomy bilingual fill-in activities
• Anthill bilingual fill-in activities
• Bilingual word banks
• Graphic organizers with writing activities in Spanish
• Answer keys
• Teacher activity instructions and procedures
• All images and keys formatted for the document camera and smartboard (grayscale images included)
• Science of Ants reading comprehension activity (6th grade and above through high school. Multiple activities for the 3rd year language learner and above, immersion or Heritage speakers – intermediate level sentences)
• Bilingual Biography of Marco Denevi (More appropriate for high school language learner level)
• Worksheets and organizers for written or verbal interaction and testing
• Bilingual question and response worksheets for written or verbal interaction
• Two sets of study questions
• Bilingual word banks
• Instructions and procedures for activities, projects and crafts
• Teacher keys and example responses
• Daily lesson suggestions (6 weeks+)
• Reading and writing scoring rubrics
• Teacher resources; websites, books, audio and images
"La Hormiga” Integrated Science and Literature Activity Bundle" can be used as a stand-alone activity as a comprehensive thematic unit. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities.
Thank you so much for returning to my store. With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again.
Please see my other related resources below: