This interactive dialogue worksheet will allow your students to learn all the key phrases to talk in the phone , leave message and make hotel and restaurant reservations in Spanish. It is a great tool to have students work in small groups creating skits and having fun practicing using Spanish in a school setting with their classroom friends.
1. Talk to students about the purpose of the vocabulary sheets. They will be working on a script for a five minute skit. Based upon your class you might decide to do the scripts at different times of the semester.
A- Hablar por Telefono - Students will create a script where one will call the other and leave a message . They can also practice to talk to an answering machine .
B- Hacer la Reservación de un Hotel- Students will pretend to make a hotel reservation asking questions such as type of accommodation, amenities such as restaurant or pool, and provide information and credit card information.
C- Hacer la Reservación del Restaurante- Students will be able to reserve a table and ask for the soup and the special of the day. They can also ask for directions to the hotel.
2. Distribute the first script to the class. Students using their dictionary and other resources will fill as many blanks as possible. (5-10 minutes)
3. Review vocabulary worksheet with class. Point out cognates to class for easier vocabulary management ( 5-10 minutes)
4. Split students into small groups. They need to create a dialogue. According to your class set-up a minimum number of lines in the skit. (20 minutes-end of class)
5- Presentations need to be ready the next class. Encourage them to make skits funny entertaining and above all to have FUN!!!
Please click on "follow me" so you can be updated anytime a new lesson becomes available
1) La Comida- Spanish Restaurant Dialogue Script- Spanish I &II- This incredible lesson is a great a d fun way to practice ordering in Spanish. Great follow up after students make a reservation to have them order. Great practice.