PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
La Llorona – La leyenda is a packet that contains short (two pages each)Spanish readings in two levels. The readings, along with the delightful grayscale drawings, tell the story of the popular legend prevalent in the Hispanic community. It is commonly believed that the jilted woman drowned her children to punish her lover. However this version implies that the children drowned because she was crying and not paying attention when they were swimming.
The packet includes:
• Two pages of La Llorona – La leyenda readings (level 1)
• One page of exercises (comprehension and simple grammar) for level 1
• Two pages of La Llorona – La leyenda readings (level 2)
• One page of exercises for La Llorona – La leyenda readings (level 2) which include vocabulary and comprehension questions
You may also want to purchase La Llorona – La leyenda Slide Show to use as:
• An introduction to the story
• A stimulus for oral re-call of the story
• A stimulus for written re-call of the story