Book Companion Activities based on La Oruga Muy Hambrienta, the Spanish version of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- These are photographs to get introduce the main idea of the story and get students listening and speaking
- Vocabulary activity ideas: Go fish, memory, sculpturades, Pictionary, and more.
- Flashcards include: la oruga, el huevo, la hoja, la manzana, la pera, la ciruela, la fresa, la naranja, el pastel de chocolate, el helado, el pepino, el queso, el salame, la paleta, el pastel, la salchicha, el panecillo, la sandia, la mariposa, el capullo
- Two songs to teach/reinforce numbers 1-10
- Memory game
- Number worksheet: to teach recognition and spelling of number 1-10
** to buy just the number activities click here: La Oruga Numbers 1-10
- One without illustrations so student can create their own
- one with illustrations for younger students to color
**To buy just the mini-readers, click here: Mini-Readers
Fruit Taste Test
- Students will taste and describe 5 fruits and then write about their favorite fruit
Grammar Activities: Worksheets with notes and practice
- Gender of Nouns of nouns that end with "-o" and "-a"
- Singular Indefinite Articles: followup to gender of nouns that end with "-o" and "-a"
** To buy just the flashcards and grammar activities, click here: Flashcards and Grammar
Corre, Perro, Corre
Oso Pardo Activities