This clothing lesson is geared towards developing writing skills in Spanish for students. The lesson includes four handouts that can be used in separate classes. You will also review colors, and clothing. The lesson will allow you to prcatice writing gender/noun staments. Great for VISUAL LEARNERS
1. Students should be working first in learning the clothing vocabulary. The Power point can be projected while students complete the vocabulary portion of the project. This is a great opportunity to teach students appropriate gender/noun combinations. Use the samples in each slide.
2. Begin by distributing the practice worksheet. This worksheet shows different combinations of colors and clothing nouns. . Very important to highlight male nouns (el,los) and female nouns.(la and las) My students always found fascinating "vestido" was a male noun. Use slide samples to help them along the process.
3. Students will complete their project by drawing and describing four different outfits for each season. You can bring magazines so they can cut and paste outfits. A very interactive and fun activity.
More practice of gender/noun agreement statements. Continue projecting the slide show . The samples can trigger ideas.
4. Use the vocabulary sheet as an assessment. Collect written statements during to assess writing development.
5. Have students read prompts and share with class. they could bring the clothes and present them. It can be a fun "fashion show activity"
Have an amazing Fashion Show!!!