Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.09 MB | 30+ pages
This is an entire weekly unit on Spanish clothing words, with a grammar focus on stem-change verbs (E to IE). It contains vocabulary, grammar, practices, a fun project, and multiple quizzes. The advanced activity has students apply clothing vocabulary and then additional instruction on "por" versus para" translating the song "El mono y la vaca"
- vocabulary list - with 22 vocabulary words and grammar points
- powerpoint - with pictures of all vocabulary words for practice
- speaking practice - on the powerpoint, students are given individual cards that match pictures on the powerpoint; they stand and read their line when their picture is shown
- listening practice - fill in the blanks while listening to the song "La tienda de ropa" (cute lego video on YouTube)
- grammar lesson - stem-change verbs (E to IE)
- speaking and listening practices: Partner A ask "what do you want"; Partner B responds "I want [clothing]"; Partner A points to correct clothes on sheet
- mini project - "Clothing store skit": students read and answer questions with example skit; students then write and perform own skit in groups (used this before end of the semester to help students write their final projects, which was a city skit using words from entire term)
- reading and grammar quiz (2 versions for retakes)
- advanced assignment - an independent activity to challenge strong students ("Mono y Vaca" - cute lego video on YouTube)
- Each quiz has a rubric at the bottom, which can be easily changed for your own state standards
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a "proficient" (4/5). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an "advanced" (or a 5/5 to get an A). This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)