Welcome to the wonderful celebration of La Semana Santa (Holy Week)!
During this great cultural lesson for any age, your students will:
Become familiar with cultural aspects of La Semana Santa in various Hispanic countries.
• Participate in making and breaking “Cascarones”
• Read and write in the target language
• Compare and contrast cultures
• Describe and Identify typical activities and events of the target culture
• Create their own “alfombra”
1. Cascarones: a fully explicit description of how to make the famous tradition of cascarones.
2. La Semana Santa PPT: an engaging and informational presentation that is in both English and Spanish!
3. Travel Brochure: your students work for a travel agency and make a brochure of a specific country to convince a family to visit for La Semana Santa.
4. La Semana Santa WS: Worksheets designed for use during the PPT presentation as well as Sudoku using words related to La Semana Santa, designing an alfombra, and reading comprehension in Spanish.