Comprehensible input is important in a world languages class - but you can't always do stories. This is a lesson that uses target structures in a comprehensible way to teach about a non-fiction topic - the castles of the Loire Valley. The story includes some passé composé, so it is appropriate for second year and beyond.
The target structures are:
The lesson includes:
• a 30-slide powerpoint with repetition of the target vocabulary
• a text version of the powerpoint
• comprehension questions
• a grammar explanation on how to say "the best"
• a story retell sheet with photos - one for writing, one for oral retell
• a list of associated videos
• a complete answer key