This resource is a Book Trailer/Movie Talk that can be used with the level 1 novel: La clase de confesiones or USED AS ITS OWN resource. All the activities in the packet are based on the Book Trailer. There are a total of 14 activities. The video is included, but can also be found on Youtube for easy access.
ANSWER KEY INCLUDED.
Activities 1-4: Engagement Questions
Teachers can pause and talk about the video at any frame. The activities below are specific frames, evenly paced throughout the animated book trailer with questions to engage students.
7. ¿Qué pasa calabaza? Students sequence the images for the video. What to extend this activity? Invite students to write what is taking place!
8. La clase de confesiones: for this activity, students will match the statement with the picture.
9. ¿Quién lleva qué? Who is wearing what? Students view the picture included, or view the video again. Next, they write the name of the person who fits the description. This is a bit more challenging that number six.
10. La casa de confesiones: pre-reading activity for the short story "La casa de confesiones" which is a prequel to the video. It contains many structures pertinent to a morning routine, such as "se despierta, se mira en el espejo" etc.
11. Short Story: La casa de confesiones
12. Comprehension questions for the short story
13. True/False activity for the story.
14. Compare and Contrast Activity: after reading the story La casa de confesiones, students compare their morning routines to that of Carlos, the main character.