CI Spanish Level 1 Language Learner Literature/Reader. "La clase de confesiones" contains a glossary and the activity guide is attached to the preview (just download it). With the 30-novel bundle, you get each "confesión" for $5.50 ($6 on Amazon). Your students will acquire valuable classroom vocabulary, present-tense structures while being immersed in a comprehensible, high-word frequency story, that they can relate to.
*Novels are 6.25 on Amazon
This novel is part of a series but is also a standalone story. At the end of this great story, and another conflicted is introduced...Pobre Carlos, this kid just doesn't get a break!
La clase de confesiones Teacher's Guide is now available! There is a $10 discount with a class set order.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/La-clase-de-confesiones-Spanish-I-CITPRSF-Novel-Teachers-Guide-60Activities-3402844 (see table of contents below).
Check out the synopsis below:
Carlos hates Spanish class with a passion but finds the will to survive when he lays eyes on Jessica. She is the reason he "tolerates" his boring class. However, his secret crush is compromised when his teacher decides to “shake things up a bit” in class. A simple writing assignment turns out to be a lethal injection to his social life and by extension his chances with Jessica. First, his nosy teacher tries to “set him up with Jessica,” this plan immediately backfires. Then, the unthinkable happens and Carlos is stunned. This turns into one of the most embarrassing moments in his life. But all is not lost. If Carlos plays his cards right, he could have a winning hand. Carlos invites you to come along on this adventure into "La clase de confesiones" where…"todos tienen una confesión," even the teacher!
Topics: Relationship, school, first crush
Structures: Mostly told in the present tense with a spattering of past tense to keep the flow of the story.
Physical details about the novel:
5x 7 (standards size)
100 pages including the glossary
12 point font double-spaced for easy reading
The confessions do not end there, check out part 2!
La clase de confesiones 2: La bella mentira
Carlos is having a bad day, and it's about to get worse. He leaves Spanish class utterly embarrassed. He had no idea that the teacher was going to partner him up with Jessica, the girl he actually writes about in his class essay. Adding insult to injury, the teacher reads his essay in front of the class, even the mean-spirited things he wrote about his teacher. After running into a few more problems in math class, he is faced with the big showdown in the lunchroom. Now, Carlos is between *"la espada y la pared." However, a short story in Spanish class may hold the key to all of his problems, and may ultimately lead to his biggest confession of all. Find out in part 2!
Bonus Material: a Two-chapter preview of La clase de confesiones 2, students will want to read it!
1. Anticipatory questions: La clase de español, “antes de leer.”
2. Hoja de vocabulario: List of vocabulary for the story and subsequent activities
3. Los materiales escolares: List of school supplies referenced in the story.
4. Comparación: Mi clase favorita v.s. mi clase no favorita (Writing and speaking activity)
5. Carlota, una chica de Argentina: Reading/Information Gap Activity with school supplies (assessment).
6. Carlota’s Story: Reading comprehension questions
7. A escribir: Los verbos en español. Verb conjugation explanation and activities
Verb Bank: Writing and speaking activity with -ar, -er and -ir verbs in Spanish
8.Speed-dating/ Partner interview activity common Spanish verbs
9. Chapter 1 pre-reading questions
10.Listening activity: Chapter 1 (pre-reading+ worksheet)
11.¡Vocabulario valioso!- pre-reading vocabulary, definitions and information gap exercise for chapter 1-2 vocabulary
12. Equivalent Expressions Activity: Students match the English and Spanish
13. Chapter 1: La clase de español. Reading comprehension questions
14. Dichos en español: No aguantarle a alguien ni en pintura ( Explanation, applicable story and questions)
15. Chapter 2 reading comprehension questions: El profesor Martín
16.¡Vocabulario valioso!- pre-reading vocabulary, definitions and information gap exercise for chapter 3-4 vocabulary
17. Matamoscas: Partner Fly-squatter Game with vocabulary list (included in file)
18. A pensar: Personalized opinion questions related to the story
19. Chapter 3: Una lección diferente. Reading comprehension questions and conversation activity (two activities)
20. A comparar! Three way comparison chart: Carlos, Jessica y yo
21. A escribir: Write about your least favorite class using Carlos’s particular style
22. Dichos en español: Media Naranja. Explanation, history and “short reading on dating” and questions (three activities)
23. ¡Vocabulario valioso!- pre-reading vocabulary, definitions and information gap exercise for chapter 5 vocabulary
24. Pablo Picasso: Short reading and questions (in connection to Jessica’s essay on art) (2 activities)
25. Dichos en español, “Tomar el toro por los cuernos.” Explanation, short story applying the “dicho,”questions and grammar practice (two activities)
26. Chapter 4: La gran sorpresa. Reading comprehension questions
27. Chapter 5: La confesión. Reading comprehension questions/ creating final chapter activity
28. This is how we roll: Communicative Dice-rolling activity to discuss story (separate file)
29. Task cards for discussing the story (separate file)
30. Quién lo dice: Who said it activity to summarize book
31. List of personality traits/ Matching the traits to the characters (two activities)
32. Quién es: Students read simple sentences about characters and guess who’s being talked about
33. La clase de confesiones Assessment/ Test Part 1True/False
34. La clase de confesiones Assessment/ Test Part 2/ Reading
35. La clase de confesiones Assessment/ Test part 3/ Writing
36. La clase de confesiones 2: La bella mentira- chapters 1 & 2
37. Pre-reading questions for La clase de confesiones 2
38. Vocabulario valiosos for La clase de confesiones 2
39. Reading Comprehension questions 1
40.Reading comprehension questions 2
42 Short reading: Meter la pata.
Please note that the readings contain additional activities.
63 (5x7) glossary included
Does not apply