Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
This Teacher Manual/Activity book is the perfect companion for the Level 1 Reader, "La clase de confesiones." T
Note: The "La clase de confesiones" is not novel is not included. Please contact the seller if you are interested in purchasing the novel as TPT no longer sells the physical copies.
Teachers can teach the novel with ease, using the materials provided in this resource. With other 80+ tasks, students will have a multimodal experience while engaging in activities that assess their comprehension, stretch their expressive vocabularies, ignite the imagination, hone creative skills, etc.
Resources for "La clase de confesiones."
1 . Information gap activity: Interview with the main character (word bank provided)
2. ¿Qué hago en la clase?: Survey Comprehensible Input Activity
3. ¿Qué clase es?: Students read comprehensible descriptions and match the class
4. Anticipatory questions: La clase de español, “antes de leer.”
5. Comparación: Mi clase favorita v.s. mi clase no favorita (Writing and speaking activity)
6. Picture Talk Activity: Students view the cover of the book and respond to both "right there" & "inferencing type questions." Great for low-stakes critical thinking.
7. Dos confesiones y una mentira: Two truths and a lie (a play on the book title).
8. Confesiones: Students write their confessions and share them with the class. The example provided is very mild i.e., No me gusta la comida de mi madre.
There are several assessments/activities to choose from for chapter post reading.
9. Verdadero y Falso: True and False activities for chapter 1
10. Chapter 1 Comprehension Questions
11. Los pronombres personales: Illustration on subject pronouns followed by an activity.
12. A dibujar: Post reading activity with color pictures of the characters. As per the instructions, students draw a scene from chapter one (with caption). This is a great way to recycle vocabulary, ignite imagination, think about the characters, and take a brain break!
These activities could be a "choice board" for students. They can also be used for station activities.
13. Mini Comic Strip: This activity is part of the "Vamos a conocer a los personajes" section of the manual. Students get to know about the characters, their likes, dislikes, and interests. The verb "gustar" is predominately used in this section.
14 -25 Vamos a conocer a los personajes: 11 cluster activities around the interest of the main characters. Students read vignettes about the characters, respond to questions, compare and contrasts with their interests and class schedule. Activities include:
A. ¿Quién es Carlos?
B. ¿Quien es Sofía
C. ¿Quién es Jessica?
D. Comprehension & Compare & Contrast Questions.
E. ¿Qué clases tiene Carlos
F. ¿Qué clases tienes tú?
G. Carlos y yo
H. Information Gap activity: Using verbs gustar, estar, ser to complete information about characters.
I.La misión de Carlos
J. ¿Qué tiene que hacer Carlos?: Student use the structure, "Tiene que+ verb."
26. ¿Quién es? Students read 17 statements about the three characters presented in the "Vamos a conocer a los personajes" and write the name of the character who is responsible for the action. This activity is based on the supplementary reading provided.
27. Personalized Question Activity: Students are asked questions about their interests, likes and dislikes.
28. ¿Con quién podría pasar un rato?: Who would you rather hang out with? This activity can be used at ANYTIME during the reading of the novel.
Chapter 2 Activities
29. A escuchar: Pre-listening activity.
30. Los materiales escolares: students view picture of school supplies and write the correct item.
31. Chapter 2 post reading questions
32. Antes de leer: Pre-reading vocabulary gap activity for chapters 3 & 4.
33. Oh, Snap: Snapchat stories from "La clase de confesiones." Students create mini-stories of what happened after chapter 2.
34. A pensar: Students are asked "deeper" questions about the characters. They are also provided another opportunity to compare/contrast characters. In this instance, they compare their teachers to the teacher in the book. A word list is provided.
35. Chapter 3 post-reading questions
36. Una lección diferente: Students analyze Jessica's and Carlos' essay. They respond to questions and decide which student wrote the best essay and why. The essays contain lots of confessions!
37. Prueba para los capítulos 1-3
A. Match the character with the action
B. Sequence the events of the story
C. Write the English equivalent of the Spanish words
D. Reading comprehension questions
38. Lluvia de ideas: pre-writing activity to help students organize their writing assessments
39. Writing assessment: Students are provided with guiding questions to write about the book and the characters.
40. Chapter 4 post-reading questions
41. Mensaje de texto: After a crucial event in the book, students take on the role of characters and write messages discussing what happened. The first message is an information gap activity whereby students plug in the words from the vocabulary list. The second text message is blank, and students have to construct a response.
42. Chapter 5 post-reading questions
43. ¿Qué va a pasar?: This template allows for students to make predictions, write dialogue & narration for what will happen in the anticipated 6th chapter of the book. This can be used as a group activity or as a writing assessment.
44. Chapter 6 post-reading questions
45. Emparejamiento de expresiones
46. ¿Quién lo dice?: Students have to identity statements made by the characters.
47. ¿Cómo son los personajes?: Identity map activity (personality traits list provided)
48 Prueba, Verdadero o Falso: True/false activity
49. Emparejamiento de imágenes con el texto: Students view colorful images about the story and describe the scene.
50. Reading Comprehension Assessment (whole novel)
Additional Materials (Bundle)
Spanish 1/2 Comic Strip (3 activity)
Spanish 1 comic/Personal interests, reading, writing, listening & speaking activity (6 activities)
Spanish AR verbs Matching Activity (1 activity)
Movie Talk: 12 activities: School themed movie talk with two short illustrated follow-ups stories
Animated Book Trailer
Activities 1-4: Engagement Questions
Teachers can pause and talk about the video at any frame. The activities below are specific frames, evenly paced throughout the animated book trailer with questions to engage students.
- Picture frame 1 with viewing questions (circling)
- Picture frame 2 with viewing questions (circling)
- Picture frame 3 with viewing questions (circling)
- Picture frame 4 with viewing questions (circling)
- Viewing questions- students can watch ananimated trailer on their own devices, respond to questions or theteacher may want to print out questions and give to students.
- La ropa: There are several true/false statements about the clothing in the video. Students watch the video or look at the picture provided and respond to the questions.
7. ¿Qué pasa calabaza? Students sequence the images for the video. What to extend this activity? Invite students to write aboutwhat is taking place!
8. La clase de confesiones: for this activity, students will match the statement with the picture.
9. ¿Quién lleva qué? Who is wearing what? Students view the picture included or view the video again. Next, they write the name of the person who fits the description. This is a bit more challenging than number six.
10. La casa de confesiones: pre-reading activity for the short story "La casa de confesiones" which is a prequel to the video. It contains many structures pertinent to a morning routine, such as "se despierta, se mira en el espejo" etc.
11. Short Story: La casa de confesiones
12. Comprehension questions for the short story
13. True/False activity for the story.
14. Compare and Contrast Activity: after reading the story La casa de confesiones, students compare their morning routines to that of Carlos, the main character.