This is a puzzle with clues in Spanish and matching English definition to review food/drink vocabulary. One puzzle piece will give a clue like, "el pan" Students must find the puzzle piece that has the word "the bread" to match the clue.
Food Vocabulary in this Puzzle, to name a few:
los huevos, the eggs
la leche, the milk
el plátano, the banana
los frijoles, the beans
la sal, the salt
el pan, the bread
el taco, the taco
This is how I used this puzzle in my class:
*Note: You are downloading one copy of this puzzle.
1. Print enough copies of puzzle for each pair of students to share a puzzle. Or enough for each student to have their own, up to you, I liked them to work in pairs. Also print a copy you will not cut up for an answer key.
2. Laminate puzzles for durability.
3. Cut up first copy of puzzle. Label the back of each piece of the first puzzle you cut up with a number 1. Cut up the second puzzle. Label the back of each piece of the second puzzle you cut up with a number 2. Etc.
4. Place each puzzle in a sandwich baggie labeled to match the number on the back of the puzzle. (So all the number 1 pieces go in a baggie together, all the number 2 pieces go in a baggie together). This will help in the long run when pieces fall on the floor and no one is sure what set it belongs to.
5. How to use this puzzle: I used it at the beginning of class as review, at the end of class for review, or whenever the lesson ran a little short.
I had the students work in pairs and the only clue I give is that the shape of the puzzle is a piece of paper. I would reward the winning pair of students or simply announce they were first place, sometimes bragging rights is enough to motivate them! You will know when students are done, because the puzzle will look like a piece of paper.
I tried to keep the vocabulary used in this puzzle pretty basic to use with my intro level students and advanced for a good review.