This is a simple yet effective game that your students are going to love. This game will afford your students an opportunity to practice family vocabulary in context. This is a great activity for beginner learners of French (French 1 and French 2).
The game is called "un jeu à trous" and this is how you want to proceed:
1. Put your students in groups of 2-4.
2. Print and cut the cards with 15 sentences and 15 answers, one set per each group. You might want to laminate the carts for durability.
3. Have your students fill in the "trous" in each sentence with the appropriate vocabulary word.
4. Check the answers by calling on a student from each group to read the sentence out loud.
1. Have students read sentences in a theatrical way (examples: as if they are scared, amused, happy, sad, timid, etc.)
2. Present this game as a competition between groups.
3. To assure everyone's equal, simultaneous and accountable participation, use Kagan's technique by assigning certain numbers of sentences to each student.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.