La foto de los dos by Carlos Vives: Spanish Class Activities to Practice the Gender of Nouns and Definite Articles
Activity booklet includes:
• Full song lyrics: “La foto de los dos”
• Cloze activity: Listening comprehension
• The Gender of Nouns and Definite Articles Worksheet: A list of nouns from the song is given. Students identify the gender and write the correct article. Ideal to explain gender exceptions.
• Vocabulary from the Video Worksheet: A series of images from the video are provided. Students identify each one using the word bank.
• Definite Articles Worksheet: Students write the correct definite article (el or la) for each vocabulary word from the video. Then they re-write each one in plural using los or las.
• Furniture Vocabulary Worksheet: Students identify the furniture shown in the video using the corresponding definite article.
• Santa Cruz de Mompox Reading: Students read an article and answer questions about Santa Cruz de Mompox, the town featured in the video. Reading and questions available in Spanish and English.
• Sombrero Vueltiao Reading: Students read an article and answer questions about the Colombian sombrero vueltiao, worn by the male character in the video. Reading and questions available in Spanish and English.
• Enrichment Links List: A list of videos, articles and audios about Mompox and the sombrero vueltiao to enrich your classroom presentation.
Full list of Spanish class activities here: http://www.speakinglatino.com/tag/spanish-class-activities/