This Linear Measurement Unit (les mesures) in French focuses on the use of non-standard units (unités non conventionelles). Engage your students with a wide variety of hands on whole class and small group activities focused on measuring height, length and distance.
This package includes a set of 12 word wall cards of key vocabulary, reference cards for a variety of non-standard measurement tools, 5 reference posters, 2 class books and wide variety of activities to support hands-on student learning.
Aligned with the Ontario Grade 1 Math Curriculum, this package includes activities to support the following Linear Measurement expectations:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of non-standard units of the same size
- Estimate, measure and record lengths, heights and distances
- Compare two or three objects using measurable attributes (e.g., length, height) and describe the objects using relative terms (e.g., taller, bigger)
- Compare and order objects by their linear measurements using the same non-standard unit
- Use the metre as a benchmark for measuring length and compare the metre with non-standard units
Please take a look at the preview to find out more.
Please take a look at some of my other Math resources:
Math Resources in French
Keep in Touch:
Don’t miss out on all the latest news and freebies for La classe de Madame Angel!
Be sure to sign up for our Teaching French Immersion Newsletter