Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.92 MB | 10+ pages
This is an entire weekly unit on Spanish music, with a grammar focus on reflexive verbs. It contains vocabulary, grammar, practices, an article, a written project, and multiple quizzes. The advanced activity has students use apply vocabulary and skills, using the song "Como la flor," by Selena.
- vocabulary list - with 22 vocabulary words and grammar points
- powerpoint - with pictures of all vocabulary words for practice
- song lyrics - "Baila esta cumbia," by Selena
- article with questions - about the life of Selena
- grammar lesson - reflexive verbs
- loteria board - bingo game to practice vocabulary
- mini project - "La musica latina": students write a paragraph about their favorite type of music, using music vocabulary
- reading and grammar quiz (2 versions for retakes)
- advanced assignment - an independent activity to challenge strong students ("Como la flor")
- Each quiz has a rubric at the bottom, which can be easily changed for your own state standards
- In our class, if a student gets 100% correct on the quiz, he or she receives a "proficient" (4/5). The student must complete the advanced assignment in order to get an "advanced" (or a 5/5 to get an A). This may seem confusing, but works very well in our classes for differentiation. Feel free to adapt the grading for what is best for your class, though. :)