This is a super fun activity for primary students to get to know/reinforce the concept of the new food groupings in the new 2019 Canadian Food Guide. Although the idea of the 4 food groups has been eliminated, you can see based on the front cover of the guide, there is still a clear division of how much of each type of food is recommended in order to eat healthy. The groupings are: Fruits and Vegetables, Whole Grains, and Proteins.
This product includes:
- 24 food cards (black and white, large clipart with large lettering)
- Scavenger Hunt recording page (one per student, back and front)
- Instruction page
1. Hide food cards around the classroom/school
2. Students work in small groups/independently/whole class to find the hidden food and record the information on their page.
This is a great product to engage students in a simple health lesson. The best part is giving the students the opportunity to work as a team, move around and if you choose, you can add the element of a race in order to keep students working hard!
* English version is also available in my store! *