“Había una vez una pequeña largarta que alzó sus ojitos y...” Engage your students as they build their language proficiency skills with a unique, creative writing project that is designed to improve their sentence level writing. The projects include separate multi-skill level instructions and examples for each language learner level. Students will use a combination of thematic vocabulary references or their textbook and integrate different thematic topics with information into a descriptive and colorful story. Student instructions are listed as a simple checklist format.
What is included:
• Student checklist of writing elements by grade level (novice to advanced language learners)
• Scoring rubrics (written communication)
• Step-by-step teacher instructions and procedures
• Student instructions formatted for the document camera or smartbord
• Interactive question and answer handout (16 novice level questions plus 11 scaffolded questions)
• Project presentation options
• Several weeks of daily lesson suggestions
• Variations for accelerated and advanced learners
• Sample animal images and art project instructions
Levels 1 and 2: Design, create and write a bilingual book about animals and their habitat in both Spanish and English using present tense verbs.
Essential skill practice:
- Noun and Adjective agreement
- Sentence structure and syntax
Levels 3 and 4: Design, create and write a bilingual fantasy story about animals and their fantastic abilities to overcome adversity both in Spanish and English. Advanced levels will demonstrate their ability to use a variety of verb tenses.
All levels – Skill reinforcement and review (Grammar Notetaking - teacher designates the grammar and syntax):
"La vida en el bosque” Creative Writing Story Development Projects can be purchased individually and will be a wonderful addition for your current animal or environmental topics and textbook curriculum. If you need additional writing activities, please see my related resources below. Maestra Mapache Creations has coordinated these collections of vocabulary, dialogues, worksheets and images to be your versatile tool for both verbal and written activities. Put your valuable time back in your hands..
Thank you so much for returning to my store. With this product as well as all of Maestra Mapache's activities, you are receiving a multi-use product that will give you opportunity to reuse in new ways again and again.
Animals of the World Vocabulary Thematic Reference
Animal Questions & Responses
Animal Habitat Worksheets
Animal Characteristics Worksheets and Conversation