This Lab Equipment
resource includes diagrams, matching worksheets and puzzles
designed to help students become familiar with 34 commonly used laboratory items. Most students love working in the lab and using equipment such as beakers, clamps, pipettes, and microscopes. But, before they can use it effectively, they need to learn names and functions. “Lab Equipment Activity and Puzzles” is great for the beginning of the year study of Biology lab equipment and safety or any time you’d like to review. I keep extra copies of the puzzles around for students who finish exams early, too.
Try a set of TASK CARDS
to go with this product: Lab Equipment Task Cards
Please Note: This resource is also available in my discounted Science Skills Bundle
This product includes:
1. A lettered diagram of 26 common pieces of laboratory equipment.
2. A labeled diagram of the same 26 laboratory items.
3. A 26-question worksheet designed for matching equipment names to the lettered diagram and answer key. And, an all-in-one version of the matching worksheet with pictures included so you can choose the format you prefer.
4. Worksheet with 26 questions matching names and functions of lab items and answer key.
5. A Word Search Puzzle with 23 terms and answer key.
6. Crossword Puzzle and answer key. Clues for 25 terms include the function of each piece of lab equipment.
7. Word Scramble Puzzle with 18 terms and answer key.
2. Bunsen burner
4. Erlenmeyer flask
7. graduated cylinder
8. hot plate
10. inoculating loop
11. hot plate
12. lab apron
13. magnifying glass
15. mortar and pestle
16. petri dish
17. pH paper
19. ring clamp
20. ring stand
21. rubber stopper
23. safety goggles
27. spring scale
28. stirring rod
29. test tube
30. test tube brush
31. test tube rack
33. triple beam balance
34. wash bottle
You might also like:
Introduction to Biology PowerPoint Lesson and Notes
Using the Compound Microscope Lab