Also included in
- Science Skills Mega Bundle: Graphing, Concept Mapping, Scientific Method, Metric System, Scientific Measurement, Lab Safety, Significant Digits, Analyzing Data, Graphic Organizers, Scientific Notation, Scientific Writing, and More!After many years of teaching, I have come to realize that what my stPrice $87.50Original Price $132.66Save $45.16
- This complete teaching unit on "Introduction to Biology" includes everything you need to teach the first unit of the year to your life science or biology students. Lab Safety, Scientific Method, Graphing, Microscopes, Characteristics of Life, and more is covered by this unit, and resources are avaiPrice $45.99Original Price $59.23Save $13.24
- Everything you need for an entire year of Biology! This Printable and Digital curriculum bundle includes the PowerPoint presentations, notes, labs, homework assignments, task cards, daily quizzes, activities, worksheets, and unit tests for the 20 units listed below. This curriculum is so completePrice $535.00Original Price $963.91Save $428.91
This is a laboratory activity that covers the proper use of 5 basic pieces of lab equipment: The Celsius thermometer, the graduated cylinder, the quadruple (or triple) beam balance, the metric ruler, and the Bunsen burner. Set up in a lab station-style setting, this activity will teach, review, reinforce, and provide practice on the correct use of these essential pieces of lab equipment. Students will also review data tables, line graphs, bar graphs, and circle graphs.
Topics covered by this lab:
- The Celsius Thermometer
- The Graduated Cylinder
- The Triple or Quadruple Beam Balance
- The Metric Ruler / Meter Stick
- The Bunsen Burner
- Tabling, Graphing and Analyzing Data
- Making a Line Graph
- Making a Bar Graph
- Making a Circle Graph
This lab can be used with any type of science class that does lab work and with students in grades 8 through 12. I have found that the students in my classes have very different skill levels. I use this lab to ensure that all students are quickly familiarized with my lab and learn (or review) how to use basic pieces of lab equipment. Students will work with this equipment and answer basic questions. Students will construct a data table, a line graph, a bar graph, and a circle graph.
Your download will include:
- Two versions of the lab.
- Version 1 is a paper-saving version. Students will complete their work on their own notebook paper.
- Version 2 provides spaces for students to complete their work on the lab handouts.
- Teacher Guide contains tips and suggestions for implementation of the activity as well as a complete teacher answer key.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: