The lab safety escape room is an immersive experience for you students It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of lab safety at the beginning of the school year in a fun and engaging way.
Students will need to have an understanding of basic lab safety do's and don't.
They will also need to know the location of all major safety equipment like a fire extinguisher, gloves, goggles, fire blanket, aprons, phone, evacuation map, first aid kit, fire shower, trash can, sink, and chemical storage.
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
Science Escape Room Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run in several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- One Lockout Hasp
- Three, 4-digit locks
- One, 3-digit locks
- One, directional lock
- One storage box that includes a place for the lockout hasp
Both methods will need the following:
- All printed materials (included)
- Manila envelopes
- Shoebox (or another small box)
- Glue or foam stickers
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- Student answer key
- Digital answer key (google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose, but not necessary
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks.