Also included in
- *2020 UPDATE with Google Drive™/Google Classroom™ compatibility. You receive BOTH print and digital paperless resources. Perfect for in-class instruction, distance learning, or flipped classrooms.This CELLS COMPLETE CURRICULUM BUNDLE includes everything you need to teach CELLS, PHOTOSYNTHESIS &$65.52$93.60Save $28.08
- The BIG BIOLOGY BUNDLE combines all of Science Island’s Unit Bundles for Biology and it's STILL GROWING! What’s in this Big Biology Bundle? PowerPoints & NotesActivities & WorksheetsAssessments: Quizzes & TestsLabsProjectsDiagrams Review Qubes & MORE!The following chapters now have B$329.00$503.35Save $174.35
This FERMENTATION LAB is designed for the Cellular Respiration chapter in high school Biology. Your students will gain valuable experience using laboratory equipment and applying proper lab procedures as they see science concepts in action.
In Part 1, students will indirectly observe a yeast solution changing from aerobic respiration to anaerobic respiration. In Part 2, they will set up two experimental groups and a control group under different temperature conditions and compare the rates of fermentation between these groups.
For students, this hands-on lab activity features:
- Pre-lab activity and questions
- Clear, simple procedure in two parts
- Data tables for recording data and observations
- Analysis and conclusions section
- An optional opportunity to design their own experiment
For teachers, this lab activity features:
- Teacher’s Guide with all the information you need to present this engaging hands-on activity to your students including:
- Sourcing materials
- Setting up lab tables
- A clear, simple guide to the procedure
- Assessing student understanding after the lab
- Answer Key to the Lab with Sample Data & Graph
- Answer Key to the Post-Lab Quiz
***Please Note: This lab is also available in a discounted Cells Unit Bundle, which includes everything you need to teach:
- Cellular Respiration
This product is EDITABLE and includes 6 files:
- Teacher’s Guide includes materials list, set-up instructions including how to mix solution, and other helpful hints.
- Student Lab Handout with the following sections:
- Pre-Lab Activity
- Data and Observation Table
- Analysis and Conclusions with Graphing
- Teacher Answer Key includes answers to questions and sample data.
- Quiz Answer Key
See click on PREVIEW to see more details including a comprehensive materials list.
Complete your study of Cellular Respiration with these resources:
You might also like: