The Lab licence can be earned by students at the beginning of the year by demonstrating the key, safe lab behaviours we need for practical work.
- Participate in learning, meeting class expectations
- Light a Bunsen burner
- Identify and use lab equipment
- Observe and record reactions
- Carry and use a microscope
- Experiment with chemicals
The cards can be laminated once the student has demonstrated the key safety expectations. I make my students have them out on their benches while conducting any practical work, if a student is no longer safe the licence is removed until there has been a time where they have re-demonstrated safe lab behaviour - earning it back.
Students can not do practical work without their licence.
It comes in colours and black and white.